Technology is an important part of the life of the whole world today, but did you know that there are some facts we could never have known about it. Just as it’s vast in its ability, technology has also some amazing things we didn’t know about.
Here find out 20 mindblowing facts you didn’t know in technology.
1. The first computer was almost 2.5 meters high and weighed nearly 30,000kg
2. The internet is 10.000+days old, find out the actual age of the internet here.
3. In 2006 someone tried to sell New Zealand on eBay. The price got up to $3,000 before eBay shut it down.
4. Apple launched a clothing line in 1986. It was described as a “train wreck” by others.
5. The name Google was created accidentally. A spelling error was made by the original founders who were under the impression they were going for Googol.
6. The founders of Google were willing to sell Google for $1 million to Excite in 1999, but Excite turned them down. Google is now worth $527 Billion.
7. Wikipedia Is Downloadable, link.
8. The Apple II had a hard drive of only 5 megabytes when it was released.
9. In 2011, more than 1 in 3 divorce files in America contained the word Facebook in them.
10. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr are all banned in China.
11. Samsung is also a full-time weapon manufacturer which uses the most up-to-date technology to support peace and security.
12. Bluetooth was named after a King named King Harald Bluetooth. He united Norway and Denmark.
13. 9 Coding languages were invented by women. link.
14. TIME Magazine named the computer the “Man of the Year” in 1982.
15. The internet speed at NASA is 91GB per second.
16. 51% of internet traffic is “non-human”. 31% is made up from hacking programs, spammers and malicious phishing.
17. The word emoji has no similarity and link to the word emotion, emoji comes from the Japanese words e for “picture” and moji for “character”.
18. The QWERTY keyboard was designed to slow you down. If you want to type faster, try the Dvorak Keyboard.
19. The world’s largest hard drive is a 60TB SSD.
20. About 28% of IT professionals hide their career from friends and family to get out of giving free tech support.
Thank you for reading our stories!
Besides news and trends, Regionweek is a media created to serve African young professionals with information that they can put to work in their daily life. Would you like making money with a side hustle business that you can build in your spare time? Today you can learn how to earn extra money and grow meaningful businesses. Check ressources on: