Every day we have to learn something, the possibility of growth comes from what positive thing you have learned or encountered. Today I compiled 30 quotes from great entrepreneurs, business owners to inspire and motivate you as a young entrepreneur.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar.
1.“ Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” –Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Apple
2. “Don’t be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities, and don’t let the bastards get you down.” –Michael Bloomberg, Former Mayor of New York and Founder of Bloomberg L.P.
3. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” –Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay Cosmetics Founder.
4. “When in doubt, bootstrap. Using your own personal resources is the easiest way to start a business. You don’t have to convince investors about the merits of your idea. You just have to convince yourself.” -Ryan Holmes, Co-founder of Hootsuite.
5. “It is very important for entrepreneurs to look for people in the company who are not afraid of failure, for example, intrapreneurs. They make a business more successful by thinking like an entrepreneur; but within a company”-Chirag Kulkarmi, founder of Taco.
6. “Don’t assume that borrowing lots of money can make your startup fly. There are many things to the business other than investors, and it’s possible to succeed with your startup without breaking the bank.” -Barnaby Lashbrooke, Founder of Time Etc.
7. “Passion, creativity, and resilience are the most crucial skills in business. If you’ve got those, you’re ready to embark on the journey.” -Jo Malone, Founder of Jo Malone.
8. “Be ready to work! Business is not simply built on innovation — we’ve had a great idea in a great industry that’s required quite a bit of “perspiration” and late nights to achieve.” – Adam Lyonz, founder of The Zebra.
9. “Don’t let someone else’s vision of success force you to stray from the path you worked to be on. Carve your own path and you’ll always be heading in the right direction.” –Michelle Phan, co-founder of Ipsy.
10. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
11. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
12. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
13. “People will stereotype all day long. But if you forget your own age, you’ll get so focused on the business that you become ultra-confident and people will forget to question how old you are.” – Gurbash. Founder of RadiumOne.
14. “Remember, a real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” –Anthony Robbins.
15. “If you’ve got an idea, start today. There’s no better time than now to get going. That doesn’t mean quit your job and jump into your idea 100% from day one, but there’s always small progress that can be made to start the movement.”– Kevin Systrom, Instagram.
16. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”– Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook.
17. “There are a lot of rich people in the world. There are very few people who have the privilege of getting to invent things that billions of people use.”– David Karp, Tumblr.
18. “In carrying out e-commerce, the most important thing is to keep doing what you are doing right now with passion, to keep it up.”– Jack Ma, Alibaba Group.
19. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.” -Unknown.
20. “The only reason why I have successful businesses is because I had more failures. The vast majority of people are not Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Almost everyone is always wired to make mistakes. I see failure as a fine tuning of your entrepreneurial journey. The next attempt is always much better. You must view failure as a friend or teacher.”– Jojy Azurin of Freelancer.com.
21. “It’s not the business you’re in, but the way you do business, that makes the difference. Every business has a formula for making money. You need the determination to figure out the formula for your particular business.”-Greg Brophy.
22. “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.”-Tom Landry.
23. “Whatever business you want to start, then, whatever product or service you decide to sell, you have to be able to sell it at a price that is high enough to make a proﬁt but low enough that people will buy it.”-Steve Strauss
24. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” – Richard Branson.
25. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” -Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo.
26. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft.
27. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” – Michael Arrington, founder, and co-editor of TechCrunch.
28. “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.” -Michael Dell, founder of Dell.
29. “What business should you start today? One that you are passionate about, has a big market opportunity, can be up and running quickly, and that doesn’t require a lot of initial capital. Think Internet, apps, e-commerce, and mobile.” -Richard Harroch, Author, and Entrepreneur.
30. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” – Steve Case, co-founder of AOL.
I hope that you have been inspired by the quotes from these great entrepreneurs and business owners. we never stop learning and the best people to learn from are those that have made it if you want to make it, they know the way, they know the struggles and fears to overcome.
Thank you for reading our stories!
Besides news and trends, Regionweek is a media created to serve African young professionals with information that they can put to work in their daily life. Would you like making money with a side hustle business that you can build in your spare time? Today you can learn how to earn extra money and grow meaningful businesses. Check ressources on: